Discover 3D offers a highly developed 3D geographical information system software. The 3D GIS system is designed to appeal to geologists, environmental scientists, petroleum engineers and other natural resources professionals.
Combine visualize interrogate and model your data in a dynamic 3D environment with Discover 3D geographical information system software.
A full 3D geographical information system
Discover 3D turns Discover — a two-dimensional Geographical Information System (GIS) — into a full 3D system. Discover 3D is fully integrated with the Discover desktop GIS.
The Discover GIS system and its companion Discover 3D module are fully integrated with MapInfo Professional and are designed to unlock the full potential of this industry-leading GIS software. Maximize the value of your data with 3D visualization software Discover 3D allows organizations to extract maximum value from their data investment through cutting-edge 3D visualization. This 3D geographical information system is affordable and easy to use meaning many professionals across an organization can utilize its innovative features.
Discover 3D allows users to:
- Work in a unified 3D environment
- Improve visualization communication and collaboration
- Take advantage of the cost-effective data immersion option
- Combine all data into one comprehensive view
Work directly in the 3D geographical information system environment
Discover 3D allows geoscientists to accurately digitize model and experiment with their interpretations directly within the 3D geographical information system environment. Users can be sure interpretations are fully informed and precise in every dimension.
Discover 3D features include:
- Full integration with Discover and MapInfo Professional
- Real-time 3D navigation via mouse buttons and mouse movements
- Fly-through creation and playback with export to movie files
- Discover drillhole projects in 3D - drillholes sections and logs
- View cross-section boundaries and create simple 3D solids
- Gridded surface display with extensive control of display properties
- Voxel model display with threshold isosurface and slice views
- Apply height/depth extrusions to 2D objects in MapInfo/Discover
- Create 3D point clouds and lines
Powerful mapping and 3D visualization capabilities
Discover 3D is the 3D extension to the world’s most powerful geographical information system for geoscientists — Discover for MapInfo Professional. So maps, contours, graphs, tables, title blocks, scale bars and other essential mapping components and tools are all readily available with the software.
Standard 2D GIS mapping techniques are further enhanced by specialist 3D geographical mapping tools in Discover 3D. You can stack georeferenced raster images in the 3D view or drape them onto surface grids. And the text and numerical information for 3D points lines intervals and vectors can be applied to control the color and size or diameter of samples drill holes outlines and directional logs.
3D navigation fly-through and immersion
The Discover 3D system offers exciting ways to interact and understand the spatial relationships of 3D information through 3D stereo projection and data immersion features. Navigating in 3D can be precisely manipulated through standard system navigation controls on a computer mouse and keyboard.
Data Sheets and Brochures
50 Years of Potential Field Modelling
PDF file, 1.4MB
Pratt, D.A., Published in Preview Magazine, July 2002
Improvements in Source Resolution that can be expected from Inversion of Magnetic Field Tensor Data
PDF file, 1.6MB
Foss, C.A., Published in The Leading Edge, January 2006