The article’s solution or answer has been confirmed in practice by a client or Pitney Bowes agent.
What is covered under each Service Level Agreement option for equipment
UPDATED: January 23, 2017
Pitney Bowes offers several different Service Level Agreements for equipment. Coverage will depend on which Service Level Agreement (SLA) is purchased and listed on the order. Certain coverage options may not be available for select products, and in certain areas where the equipment is located. Contact your sales representative for availability and details.
Note: SLA does not include maintenance and support for licensed or subscription software products. Software maintenance and support is described in the software maintenance agreement (SMA) for each respective proprietary licensed software product.
Service Level Agreement: pages 3-5
Equipment Service Level Options; as of April 2016:
S1.1 STANDARD SLA
- PBI will provide at its option either repair or replacement services for the Covered Equipment during the Initial Service Term or any Renewal Service Term (as defined in Section S3.2) (the “Service Term”).
- You are also entitled to two preventative maintenance service calls per calendar year.
- PBI will notify you when preventative maintenance is due or you can request preventative maintenance service.
- If PBI determines that replacement is necessary, PBI will, at no additional cost, promptly ship new, reconditioned, or remanufactured equipment of the same or a functionally equivalent model to replace the affected Covered Equipment.
- Unless PBI instructs you otherwise, within five (5) days of receiving the replacement equipment, you must pack the Covered Equipment to be replaced in the shipping carton that contained the replacement equipment, place the pre-paid return address label on the carton, and return it to PBI.
- You are responsible for Covered Equipment until PBI receives it.
- If your Covered Equipment needs repair, PBI may provide repair by remote access, diagnostics and service and/or by on-site repair service
- Repair service is provided only for damage resulting from normal wear and tear. Repair service may include the use of new, reconditioned, or remanufactured parts and assemblies.
- PBI will provide parts or assemblies for discontinued equipment (or equipment not marketed as new) only if available.
- If PBI deems it necessary, PBI will dispatch a service technician to arrive at your location for onsite service. You will not incur hourly charges unless service is performed outside Normal Working Hours, which will be done only with your consent.
Additional Covered Items
- PBI will provide printheads for Covered Equipment without additional charge, except for printheads which need to be replaced as a result of any Excluded Circumstance
S1.2 PERFORMANCE SLA
- Under this option, PBI will provide the following support to all clients who are eligible to receive Performance SLA in accordance with PBI’s policies and who have elected this option:
- All coverage provided under Standard SLA.
- Quarterly performance reports made available on Your Account at pitneybowes.com
- One two hour application consultation for your
mailing and shipping needs.
- Admission for one person to a PBI mail management seminar.
Response Time Commitment
- If PBI determines that on-site service is necessary, PBI will use commercially reasonable efforts to have a service technician on-site (during Normal Working Hours only) within 4 hours or 8 hours, as specified on the Order, after PBI has determined that it cannot resolve the issue remotely (the “Response Time Commitment”)
- The Response Time Commitment relates solely to the arrival of a technician at your location; it is not a guaranteed resolution of the problem within the Response Time Commitment period, nor does it guarantee that all parts necessary to make a repair will be on-site within this time frame.
- The Response Time Commitment does not apply to Service designated as service by replacement, relocation services, software maintenance, preventative maintenance, operator training, or other services not essential to repair the Covered Equipment.
- If the Covered Equipment is moved from its original location, PBI may, at its option, remove the Response Time Commitment. If this happens, you will receive Standard SLA and we will adjust the SLA charges payable by you appropriately.
Liquidated Damages for Failure to Meet Response Time Commitment
- PBI agrees that if it does not meet the Response Time Commitment, PBI will provide you with a credit equal to the difference between the cost of Standard SLA and Performance SLA for three (3) months.
- You must use a credit request form to request a credit. You may obtain a credit form from your service technician or by calling the Customer Care Center. The credits are limited to credits for four (4) failures to meet the Response Time Commitment in any twelve (12) month period during the Service Term. These remedies are your sole remedy for PBI’s failure to meet the Response Time Commitment.
S2. SLA FEES
- S2.1 You will pay the SLA fees for the Initial Service Term and any Renewal Service Term(s).
- S2.2 We may, after the Initial Service Term, increase SLA fees which will be reflected on your invoice.
- S2.3 If the service technician provides service for repairs caused by any Excluded Circumstance, PBI will charge you for the service at PBI’s current hourly rates and for any required parts.
S3. SERVICE TERM
- S3.1 Term. PBI will provide you with Service for the Initial Service Term and any Renewal Service Terms.
S3.2 RENEWAL SERVICE TERM(S)
AUTOMATICALLY RENEWS FOR CONSECUTIVE ONE (1) YEAR TERMS (EACH, A “RENEWAL SERVICE TERM”), UNLESS:
(a) YOU TERMINATE SERVICE UNDER SECTION S3.3; OR (b) THE LEASE EXPIRES OR IS TERMINATED (IN WHICH CASE, THE SERVICE TERM WILL TERMINATE ON THE SAME DAY AS THE LEASE); OR (c) THE RENEWAL IS PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
S3.3 Ending Your Service
- If you do not wish to renew Service, you must deliver a written notice (the “Termination Notice”) at least sixty (60) days prior to the renewal of the term to us at 2225 America Drive, Neenah, WI 54956. Your Termination Notice must include your customer account number or CAN and lease number (if applicable).
- PBI reserves the right not to renew your SLA for any reason.
S3.4 Service Changes
- PBI may modify its Service by giving written notice to you (a “Service Change Notice”), which will state whether the change is material.
- After receiving a Service Change Notice, if the change is material, you may terminate Service as described in Section S3.3.
S4. EQUIPMENT COVERAGE
- You cannot elect to have Service apply to some but not all of the items of Equipment.
S5. ADDITIONAL SERVICE TERMS
These terms apply to all Service options:
(a) Limitations. Service does not include services and repairs that are made necessary due to any Excluded Circumstance.
(b) Additional Exclusions. Service excludes the supply of postal and carrier rate changes and Consumable Supplies.
(c) Replacement Equipment.
- If you replace any of your Covered Equipment during the Service Term, and the replacement Equipment qualifies for Services, PBI will automatically enroll you for maintenance coverage on the new Equipment at PBI’s then current annual rates.
- If you acquire an attachment, or add a unit, to your ,Covered Equipment, PBI will provide coverage for any qualifying attachment or unit and adjust your rate accordingly.
- If you choose not to continue coverage on the replacement Equipment, attachment or unit, you may cancel Service for the item within thirty (30) days of the date of your initial invoice for the item from PBI. If you cancel, any further maintenance or repair services on the Equipment, attachment or unit will be subject to PBI’s current rates.
(d) Rental Equipment. With respect to Equipment which is rented, the Standard SLA will apply at no additional charge.
Refer to Pitney Bowes Terms and Conditions for additional information.