Franciémes Boundaries provides Canton boundaries for city block mapping in the electoral areas of France, Commune boundaries (the smallest administrative subdivision), IRIS boundaries for local market analysis and Postal Code administrative boundaries.
- Coverage: France
- Release Schedule: Annual
- Unit of Sale: Nation (France)
Cantons defines city blocks in more than 3,800 electoral districts defined by the Elections Office of the Ministry of Interior. The dataset also includes a constituency, a division of an electoral territory. Constituencies vary per the type of election, and each constituency elects one member per election. There are 555 constituencies in mainland France.
- Suitable for calibration studies, especially geo macro, for retail banking, lending, and automobile dealers
- Available in two levels: Cantons or Districts
Communes are the smallest (and oldest) administrative subdivisions in France, roughly equivalent to towns, and governed by mayors.
As commune zoning is mixed and unsuitable for geographic analysis, Pitney Bowes aggregates or disaggregates data on municipal zoning or sectorizations that are adapted to each geography.
- Provides the ability run analyses for areas governed by mayors, who are the agents of the state responsible for civil order, public order, organizing elections and issuing of official titles.
- Suitable for calibration studies, especially geo macro, for the fields of retail banking, financial lending, and automobile distribution.
IRIS, the smallest French statistical unit, is the level of detail recommended for many local market data studies. IRIS divides the country into units of roughly equal population (2,000 inhabitants) for statistical analysis. Municipalities with fewer than 5,000 inhabitants are not divided. Metropolitan France includes a total of more than 50,000 IRIS and four departments.
The vector outlines of IRIS contours in this product are keyed to street layout to ensure consistency between related geo-information.
- Mapping common for IRIS Metropolitan France and overseas
- Geographic Level: City or IRIS
Postaux (Postal Code Boundaries)
Postaux provides Postal Code administrative boundaries on a national scale through the most recent satellite images for accurate geographic analysis. This mapping data from Pitney Bowes Software adds a new dimension to the spatial analysis of business, government and community capacity. On a larger scale, Pitney Bowes provides map data for economic and administrative zoning (administrative boundaries, postal and census 3D maps/ LIDAR data).
- Locate customers.
- Define retail catchment.
- Describe sales territories.
- Determine zoning and land use.
- Study industrial and natural hazards.