You can use SendPro Online to import addresses from other sources into your address book.
Addresses added in SendPro Online are also visible on other SendPro products.
The SendPro Online address book can hold an unlimited number of addresses. However, on SendPro C, SendPro+, and SendPro P Series meters, only 1000 addresses are visible.
- If you are importing addresses from another application, export/save those addresses as a .csv file. Make sure that your file meets the guidelines below.
- From the menu at the top, select Address Book.
- Select the + (plus) icon.
- Select Import multiple addresses.
- (Optional) To use SendPro Online’s template to create your import file, select Download a .csv template. The file template.en-ca.csv will be downloaded. You can insert your addresses into this template, or copy the headers (first row) from this template into your own address file. However, this is not necessary because SendPro will walk you through mapping your address data later. Make sure that your file meets the guidelines below.
- Once you have created your .csv file of addresses to import, select Browse and navigate to your file.
- If you wish to remove all existing addresses in your address book and replace them with the addresses in the import file, select Replace my current Address Book data with my imported data. If this is not checked, the addresses in the import file will be added to the addresses already in your address book.
Note: If you use a shared address book, the replace option is not available.
- Select Continue. If you are importing a UPS or FedEx file, you are finished. If importing any other file, proceed with steps 10-11.
- The mapping screen appears. Match your address book fields on the left with the SendPro Online address book fields on the right. If SendPro Online could not determine which field to map, the right side will say Ignore Field. Review the list and make sure that all of the fields are mapped correctly. For any that say Ignore Field, choose the correct field. If you choose Ignore Field, that field will not be imported.
- Select Continue to import your address data.
SendPro address import guidelines
- SendPro requires the first and last names to be in a single field called Name. If the first and last names are in separate columns in your data file, you can use Excel's concatenate function to put them into a single column. You may also include the title and middle name or middle initial in the Name field if you choose.
- The order of the columns in the import file does not matter.
- Because addresses must pass validation when used in SendPro, the following fields are required. You can import addresses that do not contain these fields, but before you can use them, they must be filled in.
- Full Name
- Company Name
- Street Address 1
- Postal Code
- The number of address fields mapped from the imported .csv to the SendPro Online address book cannot exceed the maximum number of fields available in SendPro Online. You can use only fields that correspond to those available in SendPro Online. For example, .csv files exported from Google accounts usually contain many more fields than those available in the SendPro Online address book.
UPDATED: October 26, 2020