When using the machine, if the correct postage is not on the mail piece, additional postage can be added directly on a tape and, then applied to the mail piece.
- Press Mode, and select Attached Scale
- Place the item on the scale and select Class
- If there is no scale on the meter, weight must be entered manually
- Select Manual Weight Entry
- Key in 0.005 kg, and press Enter
- Select Manual Weight entry
- Navigate the menu using the down arrow, and select Other Payment
- Select Postage Correct
- Select the postage range that is applicable to the postage correction
- Key in the postage amount to correct mail, and press Enter
Note: Canada Post regulations stipulates that postage correction values are not allowed within the range of the Lettermail rating structure. If amount required is within this range, more then 1 stamp will be required. For example, 2 stamps at $0.40 to be able to correct $0.80.
- Press Enter
- Press the Tape button
- You can apply the tape beside or below the original impression as shown. It must not overlap the original impression or cover any address information. The word Correction will show on the indica.
UPDATED: September 24, 2020