The auto scale feature allows the user to indicate whether the scale is to automatically switch to attached scale mode or to remain in the current mode after placing a mail item on the attached scale.
Auto Scale can be set to On or Off:
- Auto Scale ON (Enabled): After a mail item is placed on the scale, the system will automatically switch to Attached Scale Mode and the Class will set to the last class used.
- Auto Scale OFF (Disabled): After a mail item is placed on the scale, the system will remain in the current mode and will not switch to the Attached Scale Mode until the Mode button is pressed and Attached Scale Mode is selected. This is usually the setting for systems that have the W.O.W. feature.
f the Auto Scale is OFF, if the Class button is selected, the display will prompt a message "Class Key Unavailable, You must select a weighing mode first" then the option of Select a weighing mode
or Go Back
. The system will not allow the user to select a class unless a weighing mode is defined.
- Press Menu
- Select Set Up
- Press Down Arrow button, select Scale/Rates
- Type in Supervisor Password if prompted, press Enter
- Select Auto Scale to toggle between On or Off
- Once toggled to the desired option, press Left Arrow to exit to return to the Home screen
UPDATED: May 25, 2015