The meter displays the system message Paper in Transport and will not run mail.
Paper dust or pieces of paper may be blocking a sensor.
Clear any debris and clean the mail path:
- Check for paper in the feeder and transport area
- Turn the machine off
- Clean the sensors with lint-free wipes or swabs, then blow out entire paper path with non-flammable canned air
- If a DM500/550/800i, remove the moistening grate assembly and check for paper debris
- Check and adjust the Feeding Timeouts
- Press Menu
- Select Setup
- Select Basic Settings
- Select Timeouts
- Ensure the timeouts are greater than 5 seconds. If not, adjust as necessary.
If your issue is not resolved, contact customer support from 8 am to 8 pm Eastern Time. Have your model number ready.
UPDATED: September 01, 2017