Some software updates can take 20-30 minutes to complete depending on the software version or service pack (repair patch, revisions) that is being downloaded.
The display can lock up during the update if the phone line experiences interference. Some examples of this are:
- The phone line is being shared with a FAX machine. If that FAX line is trying to receive an incoming transmittal at the same time that the mailing system is connecting to get the update, the line will experience interference causing the display to lock up. Basically, if the FAX is connected to the same line, it will take priority over any other activity on that line.
- The server is experiencing heavy traffic volume
- The internet is not active or experiencing firewall issues while using Constant Connect
: A locked up display during an update simply indicates that the connection was lost.
- You may be able to clear the error by rebooting your machine
- Turn the power off with the power switch, located on the left side of the equipment; wait for the display to turn off
- Wait one minute then turn the power switch back on
- If sharing with a FAX machine, temporarily disconnect the FAX from the line while completing the update
If this does not work, keep trying or try again at a later time when it is convenient.
- Traffic volumes usually slow down after normal working hours Monday - Friday 8:00am - 8:00pm EST
- Updates can be attempted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
If your issue is not resolved, contact customer support from 8 am to 8 pm Eastern Time. Have your model number ready.
UPDATED: February 26, 2021