The mailing machine is making a loud grinding noise.
A loud grinding noise will occur when the ink hose is wrapped around a plastic part that is located behind the ink cartridge holder area or may be jammed behind the print head station.
Check to see if the ink hose is wrapped around behind the print carriage, if so follow these steps:
- Turn the mailing system OFF. Power button is located on the left side of the machine.
- Open the top cover where the ink cartridge holder and print head station is located
- Locate the hose behind the ink cartridge holder and un-jam it
- Turn the mailing system back ON
- Wait for the system to initialize and then Test. Make sure the error code does not return and that the machine feeds smoothly without the grinding noise.
Do not force the ink hose
If your issue is not resolved, contact customer support from 8 am to 8 pm Eastern Time. Have your model number ready.
UPDATED: May 19, 2015