Creating custom notifications in PitneyTrack Inbound
You can send customized email notifications to inform users when certain events occur.
The features and options you see may vary depending upon your role and subscription. If you have any questions regarding your permissions, please contact your administrator.
- Select Settings > Notifications and Templates.
- Select Use Notification.
- The system comes with several predefined templates that you can edit to customize them for your needs. To use a template to create the notification (recommended), select the edit icon next to the template you wish to use.
- To create a new notification without using a template:
- Select Add Notification.
- Enter the notification Name.
- Under Send Via, check the Email box.
- Select the Type of notification. The options you see may vary depending upon your subscription. If you have any questions, contact your administrator.
- Select the Condition. This is the activity that will trigger the notification to be sent, such as a package being shipped or delivered.
- From the Action / Send Schedule menu, select when the notification will be sent.
- If you wish to send reminder emails, select the slider next to Send Reminders to turn it ON and specify the schedule.
- In the Email Subject field, enter or edit the email subject line.
- (Optional) In the Reminder Prefix field, enter the text that you would like added to the beginning of the email subject line. For example, "REMINDER: ".
- (Optional) Select Load Sample Message to fill in the message with a sample message that you can then edit.
- Enter or edit the body of the message in the large message field. To insert dynamic text such as the recipient's name, select </> Insert Variable Data Field, then select the desired item.
- To edit the HTML code of the message, select </> Edit HTML.
- To see an example of how the message will look, select Preview Email. Scroll down to see the preview. Select Preview Email again to close the preview.
- Select Save.
- To change the From name to something other than "Pitney Bowes", select the Preferences tab and enter the name you wish to use in the "Sent From" Label field. The notification emails will still come from email@example.com; only the name will be different.
- To change the Reply-to email address to something other than firstname.lastname@example.org, enter the desired address in the "Reply to" email address field. The notification emails will still come from email@example.com, but if someone replies to an email notification, the reply will go to this address.
UPDATED: 10 January 2024