The article’s solution or answer has been confirmed in practice by a client or Pitney Bowes agent.
Envelope specifications for your Connect+
UPDATED: 18 October 2015
Learn about the envelope, as called "mail piece", specifications for use with your Connect+®series meter.
- Envelope dimensions
- Envelope thickness
- Envelope flap depth for sealing
- Acceptable envelope materials
- 88.9mm x 127mm - postcard size
- Connect+ 1000 and Connect+ 2000: 330 mm x 356 mm
- Connect+ 3000: 381 mm x 381 mm
- Connect+ 1000 and Connect+ 2000: 0.007 mm
- Connect+ 3000: 0.004 mm
- Connect+ 1000 and Connect+ 2000: 15.9 mm
- Connect+ 3000: 19.1 mm
ENVELOPE FLAP DEPTH FOR SEALING:
- 25.4 mm
- Connect+ 1000 and Connect+ 2000: 76.6 mm
- Connect+ 3000: 98 mm
For envelopes with a flap length from 25 mm to 60 mm, the minimum flap angle is 18 degrees.
For envelopes with a flap length greater than 60 mm to the maximum flap length for the particular model, the minimum flap angle is 21 degrees.
ACCEPTABLE ENVELOPE MATERIALS:
Material type and finish must be matte and may include:
- White Wove
- Kraft/Brown Kraft
- Envelopes made of recycled paper
- Self-seal envelopes
- Tri-fold tabbed (2 tabs minimum) inserts 75 grams to 105 grams
- Cranes Crest
CAUTION: Do not use envelopes made with glossy materials such as fliers, or Tyvek® envelopes. Also do not use envelopes too fragile, such as air mail and onion skin envelopes, which may not pass through the feeder.