The article’s solution or answer has been confirmed in practice by a client or Pitney Bowes agent.
How to unpack and prepare a new DM100i or DM125
UPDATED: 15 July 2016
Follow these simple steps to set up your new equipment. Make sure you have registered your meter with your My Account profile.
Unpack the meter:
- Remove all shipping tape and packing material.
- Open the top cover and remove the shipping tape inside the meter.
- Place the meter in your work area. If you are connecting your meter to the PB Data Center through the Internet, the meter should be near a PC or network point that can be connected through a USB cable
You have several options for connecting to the Pitney Bowes Data Center. Select the connection type for your DM100i™ or DM125™ that suits you and your office environment best.
A. Connect using PC Meter Connect over the Internet:
- With the PC Meter Connect desktop application installed on a computer connected to your meter, the PC acts as a conduit to the Internet and the PB Data Center
- Download and install PC Meter Connect on your desktop computer
- Restart your computer. Make sure the PC Meter Connect application is running. (The icon should be displayed in the task bar.)
- Connect the USB cable between the meter and a PC (make sure the PC is connected to the Internet).
- PC Meter Connect will walk you through the steps to set up your connection.
B. Connect directly to the Internet (DM125™):
- The DM125 has the option to sync using a local area network (LAN). Plug a LAN cable into the LAN adaptor to connect.
- Connect the power cord to the meter and plug it into a wall outlet that is not controlled by a switch. Some models may also have a power switch. If so, toggle it to the On position.
- The meter will now power on, perform a self-check, and enter Install mode.
- You can exit the Install mode at any time by pressing Clear twice and then Yes. Return to Install mode through the Options Menu/Advanced Features/Run Install Mode.
Set the Language & Time
- Follow the menus on the display screen to Advanced Features and use the selection keys to make your choice