The article’s solution or answer has been confirmed in practice by a client or Pitney Bowes agent.
How to store the Advance Date in a custom preset using DM500-DM550
UPDATED: 16 June 2015
This feature may be offered as a standard or optional feature, and is not available on all Pitney Bowes solutions. In order to store an Advance Date setting in a custom preset on the DM500™ or DM550™, this feature must be enabled.
Today is Wednesday and the advance date is for 2 days and stored in a custom preset:
- If the preset is recalled on the same day (Wednesday) it will print Friday's date on the postage
- If the preset is recalled on the next day (Thursday) it will print Saturday's date on the postage
To set advance date:
- Press the Menu button
- Select Indicia Print Options
- Select Date
- Select Advance Date.
If the system was set up to automatically advance the date at 3 PM*, and a custom preset was created with the Advance Date set to zero (that is, the date was not advanced), then:
- If the preset is recalled before 3 PM it will print today's date on the postage
- If the preset is recalled after 3 PM it will print tomorrow's date on the postage
* To automatically advance the date, by 24 hours:
- Press Menu button
- Select Set Up
- Press the down arrow button
- Select Time of Day
- Select Date will advance after
If the system was set up to automatically advance the date at 3 PM, and a custom preset was created that advanced the date by 2 days, then:
- If the preset is recalled before 3 PM, the system will set the date two days ahead
- If the preset is recalled after 3 PM, the system will still set the date two days ahead
NOTE: If a custom preset is created with the Advance Date feature turned Off and this preset is recalled, the current date setting is not affected.
To enable the preset date advance feature:
- Press the Custom Presets button
- Press the right arrow button and the Set Up Preset screen opens
- Select Date Advance. This message appears: If set On, presets stored when the date is not advanced will return the system to today's date
- Select On to enable this feature and store the date advance
- Select Off to disable the feature