The article’s solution or answer has been confirmed in practice by a client or Pitney Bowes agent.
Using product features on the DM100i and DM125
UPDATED: 19 June 2015
With a semi-automatic letter feed, built-in scale, and an optional accounting feature, the DM100i™ and DM125™ can handle letters, flats, and parcels for multiple postal classes and services.
Refer to the following sections for detailed information about these helpful features:
Lock code feature:
- Prevents unauthorized machine use
- Turning on and creating an account password
- Each password prevents unauthorized access to an account
Turning on the Accounting feature:
When you purchase the optional accounting feature, you can set your postage meter up to track postage costs incurred by individuals or departments in your organization. For example: Tom, Jane, Sales, A/R. You can create up to 25, 100 or 300 accounts, depending on the option you purchased.
Creating an account:
You need to create an account before you can use the departmental accounting feature to track postage. Follow these steps:
- Press the button beside ACCT: on the control panel and Select an Account
- Use Page Down to scroll the display and select the desired account
- If prompted to enter the password for the account, enter the four digit password
Use the numeric keypad on the system's control panel according to the instructions provided on screen, or refer to the Operator Guide.
A meter preset is a postal setting you can call up at the touch of a button that holds pre-defined values within your system, such as postage amount, ad, account number and more.
Clearing the batch count:
- Press Funds
- Press Page Down and select Clear Batch Values
- Enter supervisor password if the prompt to do so appears
- Press Home to return to the Home screen
Preparing mail to be sent internationally:
- First, place the mail piece on the scale
- Press the Class button
- Select Canpost
- Select Letter
- Press the Page Down button once
- Select the desired International Class
- Select a desired service. If no extra service is required, select Done
Checking/printing a funds report:
- Press Funds
- Press Page Down to the third screen
- Select Print Funds Report
- At the Insert Envelope prompt, you can print the report onto an envelope or tape sheet