The article’s solution or answer has been confirmed in practice by a client or Pitney Bowes agent.
Learn about the DL50 letter opener
UPDATED: 12 June 2015
As envelopes are fed through the opener to the stacker, the unit removes a sliver off of the top of the envelope, helping to preserve its content. The cutter that opens the envelope is housed within the device, making letter opening simple and safe. The envelope is cleanly opened, the letters stacked, and paper waste sent to an easy-to-empty tray, all at about 20 letters per minute.
The DL50™ will open all common envelope types from 3 X 5 inches to 10.24 X 12.99 inches with a thickness of 0.008 inches to 0.25 inches.
- Tap the envelope so that contents fall away from the edge of the envelope to be opened. IMPORTANT: Make sure that coins, staples, paper clips, or other objects that may damage the knives of the letter opener are tapped away from the edge of the envelope to be opened.
- Place the envelope on the feed deck so the edge to be opened is against the feeder wall
- Slide the envelope to the right. The letter opener will open the envelope and deposit it in the stacker tray.
Emptying the Stacker Tray
Remove the stacker tray and empty the waste area frequently, as a large accumulation of paper strips can interfere with proper operation of the letter opener.
Clearing a Jam
- Unplug the power cord to stop the letter opener from running.
- Remove the envelope by pulling back to the left.
- Plug the power cord back in to resume processing mail.