UPDATED: 14 September 2015
Before following these simple steps to set up your mailstation™ or mailstation2™, make sure to register your meter with My Account to establish an active profile including postage account.
Unpack & Prepare
- Remove all shipping tape and packing material
- Open the top cover and remove any shipping tape inside the meter
- Place the meter in your work area.
TIP: If you are connecting your meter to the Pitney Bowes Data Center through the Internet, the meter should be close enough to a PC so they can be connected using a USB cable.
- Install Scale
Set Up Connection
There are options for connecting to the Pitney Bowes Data Center. Select the connection type that best accommodates your environment.
1. Connect using PC Meter Connect via the Internet (note: option available for mailstation2 only):
With the PC Meter Connect™ desktop application installed on a computer connected to your meter, the PC acts as a conduit to the Internet and the PB Data Center.
- Download and install PC Meter Connect on your desktop computer
- Restart your computer. Make sure the PC Meter Connect application is running. The icon should display in the task bar.
- Connect the USB cable between the meter and a PC. Note: make sure the PC is connected to the Internet.
- PC Meter Connect will walk you through the steps to complete the set up process
2. Connect using an Analog phone line:
You should only connect your meter to an analog phone line if you do not have access to the Internet. Note: some commercial phone systems use digital lines that may damage your meter.
- Most fax machines, credit card readers, and modems also require analog lines. Your meter can share a line with these devices.
- When in doubt, ask the person responsible for your phone systems
- Connect the meter to a dedicated analog phone line using the cord included in the box
- Position the scale on top of the meter as shown
- Connect the scale cable to the scale connector on the back of the machine at the scale icon
- Tighten the screws to make sure the pieces are securely connected
- Connect the power cord to the meter and plug it into an outlet that is NOT controlled by a power strip or switch
- There is no On/Off switch on your meter