Canada Post has announced that postal rates for all classes and sizes of letters will increase for both paper stamps, meter and postal indicia on Monday, 14 January 2019.
Some key changes for 2019
- Meter price for domestic standard letter 0-30 g changes to $0.87 from $0.84
- Meter price increase to other domestic, USA and international classes and weights.
- Meter price increase for Incentive Lettermail and Canada Post Personalized Mail™.
- Fee for Registered Letter (domestic) increases to $9.50
For comparison purposes
- Single paper stamp for domestic standard letter 0-30g changes to $1.05 from $1.00
- Stamps purchased in booklet or coil increase to $0.90 each from $0.85 each
For more details on the announced prices and changes, visit www.canadapost.ca/notice.
Automatically save at least 3¢ on every letter.
While postal rates are increasing, the good news is that postage meter users will automatically save on every class and size of letter mail when compared to the price of paper stamps. The minimum savings of 3 cents on every letter you prepare using the postage meter can quickly add up to big savings. There are even greater savings if you are preparing and sending mixed mail of various weights and sizes to domestic and international destinations, including USA.
|Domestic Letter||Meter Rates||Single Stamps||Book or Coil (per stamp)|
|Other (Non-standard and Oversize)|
|up to 100g||$1.85||$1.90||$1.90|
Incentive Letter Rates
|up to 100g||$1.69|
|Do Not Forward||$0.01 per item bearing "Do Not Forward" endorsement|
|Registered Mail||$9.50 + applicable letter mail postage|
|Signature Hard Copy||after mailing : $7.25|
|Additional Liability Coverage||$2.25 per $100 (up to a maximum of $5000)|
For details and instructions on how to download the new rates, visit our Update Meter Rates page. If you're not a Pitney Bowes customer and want to take advantage of these savings, see our wide range of digital postage meters.