The article’s solution or answer has been confirmed in practice by a client or Pitney Bowes agent.
About the PC Meter Connect desktop application
UPDATED: 08 May 2016
PC Meter Connect™ (PCMC) is a desktop application that helps you manage your mailing system using an Internet connection to the Pitney Bowes Data Center. Easy to set up; once PC Meter Connect is installed on a Windows PC, using a USB connection to the meter and high speed Internet access, your connection to the Pitney Bowes Data Center and file downloads are faster.
Routine tasks such as postage refills, software updates, and meter status checks can be performed from a graphic user interface on the PC when your system is configured with PC Meter Connect.
- Compatible meters: mailstation2™, DM100i™, DM125™, DM300c™, DM400c™, DM475™
- Latest version: 05.00.0056.0000
PC Meter Connect - Minimum System Requirements
- Windows 2000 through Windows 10*
- 1.2 GHz processor, 512 Mb RAM
- USB port
- Administrative rights to install software
- Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 (Note: this will be automatically installed if not found on the PC). This is a one-time installation.
- Internet Connection
*MAC, Linux, and other non-Windows operating systems are not currently supported.
Review the Networking Guide for details specific to this connection set up.
A. Set Up Steps
To connect your PC to your meter you will need:
- 2.0 USB Cable
- Disconnect all cables from the meter
- Unplug power cord - unplug either end from the wall outlet and/or from the meter
- Disconnect USB cable
- Disconnect an analog phone line (if applicable)
WARNING: To avoid damaging the meter, do not plug or unplug the USB cable while the meter is in use. Check that the meter home screen displays the postage and date before you disconnect anything. TIP: Do not plug your meter into an outlet that is controlled by a wall switch.
- Make sure the latest version of PC Meter Connect is installed on your computer before you connect to the meter
- Wait until prompted by the PC Meter Connect installation wizard to connect the USB cable and the power cord
- After you have installed the desktop application and are connected the meter, keep the meter in "Ready-to-connect" state. This is not required for printing postage, though it is recommended for optimal operation.