Troubleshooting an analogue phone connection on the DM100, DM125i, DM175i
The franking machine fails to communicate with Pitney Bowes and gives an error message such as:
- No Dial tone
- No Carrier detected
- No Modem Detected
- Data Centre Phone Busy
- Connection Lost
- Connection Failed
The franking machine cannot connect to the Pitney Bowes Data Centre over an analogue phone line.
Solution 1: Try a different connection method
We recommend that you switch to a faster, more reliable digital connection.
If this does not resolve your issue, try Solution 2.
Solution 2: Check the physical connections and your phone line
- Check the number that the franking machine is dialling is 0818270348. If not, see Changing the phone number dialled for instructions.
Important: The franking machine should be plugged directly into the wall. Remove any phone line splitters, as they can add noise to the line and the franking machine should not share a phone line.
- Make sure that the franking machine is connected to an analogue phone line:
- The franking machine can use the same connection as a fax machine or credit card reader, or other dedicated analogue phone line.
- Unplug the phone cord from the back of the fax machine or analogue device.
- Plug the end of the phone cord that was removed from the fax machine or analogue device directly into the franking machine.
- Check what kind of phone line you have:
- The franking machine works with a true analogue phone line, such as a dedicated fax line.
- An ADSL line may work. If there are problems try adding an ADSL filter. ADSL filters can be purchased at an office supply store or acquired from your phone company.
- Simulated analogue phone lines can be problematic. They will use a device to simulate an analogue line. Reboot the franking machine if you are having issues.
- A T1 or VOIP line will not work with the franking machine.
- If you must press a key on your telephone to get an outside line (often 9 or 0), you may need to enter a dialling prefix on the franking machine.
If you are unable to connect to the internet, ask your IT department or internet provider to check the internet settings before you contact Pitney Bowes. If you still need assistance, please contact us.
UPDATED: 16 May 2022