The management of this Website (with the URL www.pitneybowes.com.sg www.pitneybowes.com/sg and www.pitneybowesdirect.com.sg) is the responsibility of Pitney Bowes (Singapore) Pte Ltd (Reg. No.200721524W) (the "Company" or "we"). We can be contacted at email@example.com. For any query on data privacy matter, please send an email to the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Collection of Personal Data
We may collect Personal Data about you in relation to the purchase of our product from this Website or in response to your queries or in connection with our dealings with you regarding our products. This is to enable us to perform the services related to the purchase of our product (including checking with credit rating agencies, liaising with subcontractors, and other third parties engaged by us to carry out services on our behalf in relation to the product) and in accordance with our legitimate business needs. We may also obtain personal credit reports about you for the purpose of assessing your credit application, and we may exchange your Personal Data with other credit agencies in case of default by you.
Such Personal Data shall refer to data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from such data or used in combination with other information to which the Company has access. This may include your legal name, name of your office, office address, office telephone number, office email, etc.
We will, if it is reasonable and practicable to do so, collect personal information from you. In addition to the instances listed above, this may happen when you fill out a product or service application, or an administrative form or when you give us personal information. In such an event, your consent will be sought as set out in the "Consent" section.
2. Use of Personal Data
The Personal Data collected by us will be used for marketing and promotional purposes such as regarding new products and services, upcoming events, status of orders placed online, and customer service, feedback purposes, etc. unless you withdraw consent to such activities.
When collecting your Personal Data, we may specify in advance the purpose for which your Personal Data will be used ("purpose of use"). However, we may omit specifying the purpose of use of your Personal Data under the following circumstances:
- When your Personal Data is provided in a business meeting;
- When your Personal Data is obtained through an exchange of business cards with us; and/or
- When your Personal Data is provided at trade and industry events, exhibitions, fairs, seminars, etc.
We want to make it easy for you to know more about the new, existing or special products available on our Website. One way the Company does this is by sending you email messages that contain information about such products. The Company believes these email messages will provide you with useful information about our products and special offers available through our Site. Please note that you will always have the opportunity to choose not to receive or unsubscribe these email messages by indicating your preferences to us.
3. Disclosure of Personal Data
We do not disclose your Personal Data to any third parties except under the following circumstances:
- When you have given your consent;
- When your Personal Data is disclosed in a manner whereby you cannot be identified (e.g. data which forms part of consolidated information, statistics, etc.);
- When your Personal Data is disclosed to Pitney Bowes, and the entities within the Pitney Bowes Group of Companies, that are obliged to observe the confidentiality to Pitney Bowes and to perform a legitimate business need;
- When your Personal Data is disclosed to us, and the dealers, business partners, affiliates, etc. that are obliged to observe the confidentiality to Pitney Bowes and to perform a legitimate business need; or
- When disclosure of your Personal Data to third parties is authorized by related laws or guidelines, or pursuant to judicial, government or regulatory order or requirement.
You consent that the Company may transfer, store and/or process your Personal Data outside Singapore. Nevertheless, we will ensure that any party to whom we transfer your Personal Data outside Singapore provides or ensure that such Personal Data is provided with a standard of protection at least comparable to the protection under the Act. Such protection includes, without limitation, the following:
- Ensuring that any party coming into contact with your Personal Data outside Singapore complies with the obligations of the Act and applicable guidelines issued by the relevant regulatory authorities (collectively the "Legal Requirements");
- Implements appropriate measures and arrangements (including technical, organizational, security, contractual measures, etc.) to ensure compliance with the Legal Requirements and to prevent unauthorised access, use, or disclosure of the Personal Data; and
- to refrain from anything to be done which might cause such party or the Company to breach the Legal Requirements.
We use Paypal [Internet Payment Gateway] to provide a secure environment for the authorisation of transactions on the Website. Confidential information including your credit card details are encrypted the moment they are transmitted from your browser to the banking network using 128-bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology.
Your credit card details are not stored anywhere on the Website and the only company who has access to this data is Paypal. Paypal also sends confirmation information via 128-bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption back to your browser.
We maintain a secured area on our Website for transmission of personal data, and store all Personal Data in a private database which is not connected to the Internet. Although we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of the Personal Data you provide to us, transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. We will have no liability for disclosure of such data due to errors in transmission or interception by unauthorized acts of third parties.
5. Withdrawal of Consent
You may choose whether or not you would like to receive communications from us. You may change your preferences with respect to the mode of communications at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of each email you receive from us, or by e-mailing us in case of any other mode of communication.
You may withdraw your consent to having your Personal Data used by us or disclosed to third parties (excluding any mandatory disclosure to government agencies) by contacting us by e-mail or by checking the appropriate box on the online form.
6. Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Data
Upon receipt of the written request and verification of the identity of the person who is raising the request, we will permit the person requesting to access and correct his or her Personal Data retained by us. We will respond to the person raising the request in a timely manner in accordance with the prescribed procedures. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for processing your request.
7. Company's Right to Contact Visitors
8. Handling of Personal Data on the Website
We automatically collect and track (1) the home server domain names, email addresses, type of client computer, and type of web browser of visitors to our Website, (2) the e-mail addresses of visitors that communicate with us via e-mail, post messages to our bulletin boards, or post messages to our chat groups, (3) information knowingly provided by the visitor in sales orders, registration forms, surveys, and contest entries, and (4) aggregate or specific information on what pages visitors access.
Some of the pages in the Website use a technology called "cookies" so that we can better serve visitors when they purchase a product on our Website, request additional information about our company, products or services, or participate in various activities posted on our Website. These cookies may be used to obtain data such as the visitor's name, user-name, shopping cart, and pages or advertisements viewed by the visitor. When the visitor revisits the company's Website, we can recognize the visitor by the Internet cookie and customize the visitor's experience accordingly. Although cookies are stored on the visitor's hard drive and not stored, in any form, by us, the visitor can set his or her browser to provide notice whenever a cookie is received, which gives the visitor the opportunity to decide whether to accept it or not.
We will at all times abide by the applicable laws and regulations in Singapore relevant to Personal Data including the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012, etc.