Seamlessly integrate location and business intelligence to transform your business with new insights
Spectrum Spatial for BI
Add the power of Location to your business intelligence - create and centrally manage maps, spatial data and location-based services across your entire enterprise.
- Key Features
Business Intelligence (BI) systems enable advanced query, analytics, reporting and score carding, but provide only a limited view due to its inability to compare, search, query and visualise location-based data such as infrastructure, demographics, jurisdictions, distribution networks, etc. What’s Missing?
- Geographic visualisation
A map allows users to see spatial patterns and trends and view relative performance data that are often impossible to see using only reports, charts and graphs.
- Bi-directional interaction
Spectrum Spatial for BI offers deeper analysis by providing the ability to pass data from a report to a map, and from the map back to the report.
- Spatial filtering
Geographic filtering enables users to incorporate a spatial dimension to analysing and modifying a report, to show spatial relationships and clustering trends.
- BI data enrichment
Proper analysis often benefits from third-party data sets (e.g. demographics, risk data, etc.) that often are not stored within the data warehouse which feeds the BI system. Critical business decisions can be rapidly made through the seamless integration of these value-added data sets for analysis by knowledge workers and executives.
With Spectrum Spatial for BI, combine the technologies of Spatial Analytics/Visualisation and the BI System for full utilisation of location-based data gaining unparalleled insight.
Virtually every organisation has the need to:
- Measure performance (sales, cost, people). Analyse customer and prospect targets by geography.
- Markets by geography. Target market identification, customer segmentation, merchandising planning.
- Plans by geography. Network build-out, store trade area analysis, market penetration analysis.
- Assigns assets by geography. Services management, law enforcement resources, engineering resources, territory assignments.
- Tracks resources by geography. Analyses customers and support needs by sales territories, asset management, and utilisation.
- Manages services by geography. Customer services, financial services, field repair services.
Spectrum Spatial for BI can be used with a range of BI tools—including Actuate®, SAP Business Objects, IBM Cognos, —in addition to QlikView®, MicroStrategy, Microsoft Reporting Services and Excel. Most BI platforms are built for heavy duty analysis.
What’s particularly smart about the architecture of Spectrum Spatial for BI is that mapping and data does not have to be on the same servers as the BI applications, which greatly speeds up processing.
Spectrum Spatial for BI is a robust, out-of-the-box solution that enables bi-directional integration between BI and powerful spatial analytical capabilities that enable business users such as marketing analysts, business analysts and other knowledge workers, to better understand the spatial context of the data within their Business Intelligence system.
- Build on the power of the BI system to provide decision makers with a complete analysis platform
- Increase user adoption by utilising the established corporate reporting portal
- Deliver insights securely by utilising existing corporate authentication / access control
- Rapidly incorporate spatial insights without having to be a GIS expert or have to write code
- Empower executives and other business users to generate intelligence from geospatial information and assets while not requiring specialised training or education
Articles and Blogs
Pitney Bowes Global Data Catalog