Data Center Error 1816 has appeared on your franking machine.
This error message is caused by the Smartlink device or Pitney Bowes Communication device that is attached to the franking machine. The device has lost it's network settings or the settings have expired.
If this error message appears during installation it can be caused by a Pitney Bowes infrastructure Error.
- Turn the franking machine off by removing the power lead from the rear of the franking machine.
- Unplug the Smartlink or communication device and wait for up to 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the Smartlink or communication device.
- Replace the power lead in the rear of the franking machine and wait for it to initialise.
- Press Funds.
- Press Review (down) and press Enter/Yes at the Check Balance Available prompt.
- The franking machine will connect to the Pitney Bowes Data Centre and display your available balance.
Note: If the franking machine is unable to connect to the Pitney Bowes Data Centre, see the Connecting Your Product section for assistance troubleshooting connection issues.
- When prompted to add postage, press Enter/Yes if you wish to add funds to the franking machine, otherwise press No.
- The franking machine will check for any available updates:
- If updates are available, select Get update now. Updates will download and install automatically.
- After the updates have been installed, follow the prompts to return to the Home screen.
If unresolved or if this issue is seen during Installation please contact Technical Support using the Contact Us options below.
UPDATED: July 29, 2020