Running a Differential Weighing job on the Connect+ series and SendPro P
Differential weighing is available on your franking machine if it has an attached scale and you have subscribed to this feature. This option allows you to place all of the mail on the scale, then remove each piece, one at a time and run it through the franking machine. The franking machine calculates the postage for each piece of mail you remove from the scale and applies the postage to the mail as feeds through the franking machine.
For larger pieces of mail (large envelopes or packages), use differential weighing to automatically print a tape every time you remove a piece of mail from the scale.
Before using differential weighing:
- Make sure each piece of mail weighs at least as much as the amount specified as the differential weighing threshold.
- Make sure the stack of mail is less than the capacity of the scale. If Weight exceeds scale capacity appears on the screen, remove some mail until the message disappears.
- Select Run Mail in the Mailing tile on the Home screen.
- Select a job that uses Differential weighing or select the Weighing icon.
- Select Differential weighing.
- If necessary, edit the Differential weighing threshold.
- Select the appropriate print option:
- Auto tape printing - select this option if your mail is made up of pieces that can't be processed through the franking machine, like packages or thick envelopes. Each time you remove a piece of mail from the scale, the franking machine will print a postage tape automatically.
- Auto envelope printing - select this option if you have a stack of envelopes that can be run through the franking machine. The franking machine will automatically feed the envelope and print postage.
- Envelope or tape printing - select this option if you have mail that is a mix of envelopes and packages (mailpieces that can be run through the franking machine and others that require a tape). Each time you remove a piece of mail from the scale, you need to select either Start or Tape to print postage.
- Place the mail on the scale and select OK.
- Select the class of service.
- Remove one piece of mail. Remove each piece of mail in a single continuous upward motion. Do not slide the mailpiece across mail on the scale.
- The franking machine calculates how much that piece of mail weighs by checking how much less the stack of mail weighs.
- If the destination country is needed for the piece of mail, the franking machine will prompt you for it.
- The print option you selected determines how postage will print.
- If you chose the Auto tape printing option, the franking machine prints a postage tape.
- If you chose the Auto envelope printing option, place the piece of mail on the feed deck. The franking machine will automatically feed the envelope and print postage.
- If you chose the Envelope or tape printing option, select Tape to print a postage tape or place the piece of mail on the feed deck and select Start.
- When the last item is removed from the scale, the franking machine asks you if you want to print postage just in case you are removing an empty mail tray.
UPDATED: 25 July 2023