Products affected: Connect+® 500W, Connect+® 1000, Connect+® 2000, Connect+® 3000, SendPro® P1000, SendPro® P1500, SendPro® P2000, SendPro® P3000
Watch this video or follow the below steps to learn how to prevent and fix most Weigh-On-The-Way® (WOW), issues on the Connect+ and SendPro P franking machines.
- Lift the (a) feeder W-O-W transport cover and the (b) printer cover.
- Remove any debris (like paper clips or rubber bands) from the W-O-W deck.
- Lift up on the W-O-W transport release lever.
- Fill a water-spray bottle and spray water on a lint free cloth.
- Wipe any dirt off the W-O-W deck, including the printer entrance roller.
- Close the W-O-W transport release lever.
- Close the feeder W-O-W transport cover and the printer cover.
- Prepare the envelopes for the feed deck.
- Align the stack of envelopes by tapping on a flat surface. Do not use the W-O-W cover as the surface.
- Fan the envelopes.
- Shingle the stack of envelopes (slant as shown).
- When loading the envelopes onto the feed deck, make sure you do not lean up against the machine or have anything touching the W-O-W section.
- When running mail, be sure to follow these guidelines.
- Do not place any items on the machine.
- Make sure the machine is on a stable surface. If the machine is on a table, it should not move either forward or backward or side to side when you press against the table or machine.
- All of the feet on the machine must be flat against the surface and the machine must be level.
- Make sure machine is not located nears any fans or any sources of vibration.
UPDATED: 19 October 2021