"Envelope not detected" message on the DM50-DM60 Series
Learn how to resolve Envelope not detected message on the DM50, DM55 (K721) or DM60 (K722)
Products affected: DM50™, DM55™ (K721), DM60™ (K722)
Your franking machine displays the message Envelope not detected and will not print.
This message can appear because you have not fed the envelope far enough to the rear and the right of your franking machine. It can also be caused by jammed material such as paper or alternatively it can be caused by a sensor issue.
- Ensure you feed the mailpiece against the rear wall of your franking machine and then fully over to the right. This allows the sensor to detect the mailpiece.
- Power down the franking machine by removing the power lead from the back.
- Once the display has gone off, open the cover.
- If the meter is a new installation, ensure that any packing and shipping tape has been removed from inside the franking machine. The shipping tape is a strip of yellow or blue tape.
- Check for any obstructions in the franking machine (jammed paper or a label, paperclip, etc).
- There is a square metal plate located on the right hand side with a crease running down the centre. Gently press down on the square metal plate inside the franking machine several times to ensure that it is not obstructed.
- Close the cover and power the franking machine back up again by replacing the power lead.
- Test again by attempting to feed the mailpiece.
UPDATED: 11 March 2022