Products affected: DM50/DM55 (K721), DM60 (K722)
- Press the Menu / Options key.
- Press Review (down) to scroll and select "Use ink functions?"
- Press Review (down) to scroll and select "Print test pattern?"
- When prompted, insert an envelope or tape sheet into the franking machine.
- When prompted, remove the envelope.
- At the prompt "Is test pattern OK?", do one of the following:
- If the test pattern looks good, press Enter/Yes. The franking machine returns to the main screen.
Example of good test pattern:
- If the test pattern is poor, press No. The meter will clean the printer nozzles. When complete, the franking machine prompts you to insert an envelope or tape sheet.
Example of bad test pattern:
- If the test pattern is not good, the problem could be the print head, see article Cleaning the print head on DM50/DM55 and DM60 for steps to troubleshoot the print head.
To order a genuine Pitney Bowes replacement ink cartridge:
UPDATED: 16 February 2021