Changing the printhead on the DM300-DM475
Learn how to change the printhead on the DM300c, DM400c, DM475c (G920); DM300M, DM400M and DM475M (G922).
Products affected: DM300c™, DM400c™, DM475™ (G920), DM300M™, DM400M™, DM475M™ (G922)
Follow the instructions below to learn how to replace the printhead on your DM300, DM400 or DM475:
- If you have an attached scale, lift it up and remove it from the top of the machine.
- Open the ink tank access cover.
- The screen displays two options: "Replace Print head" or "Replace Ink Tank". Select Replace Print Head.
- The carriage moves forward slightly. Unlock the green ink tank latch.
- While changing the printhead, place the ink cartridge upside down so that the ink outlet faces up to prevent leakage.
- Squeeze the two gray tabs on either side of the printhead. While squeezing, lift and tilt to the right. The printhead should lift easily from the machine.
- Unpackage your new printhead; remove the protective tape from the bottom.
- Squeeze the two gray tabs on either side of the new printhead and slightly angle it while sliding it back into the slots in the carriage unit. Make sure you press the top left and right of the gray tabs to lock the new printhead into position.
- Reinstall the ink tank carriage and relock the green latch
- Close the ink tank access cover and replace the scale, if applicable
- The machine detects the new printhead and prompts to run a maintenance feature
- The system prompts to Print Test Pattern. Select one of the following options:
- Select Yes, Print Test Pattern. For more information about performing test prints, see How to print a test print pattern on the DM300, DM400 and DM475.
- Or select No to skip printing a test pattern and return to the Home screen.
UPDATED: 04 April 2022