Products affected: DM300c™, DM400c™, DM475™ (G920), DM300M™, DM400M™, DM475M™ (G922)
Follow the instructions below, to learn how to replace the print head on your DM300, DM400 or DM475:
- If you have an attached scale, lift it up and remove it from the top of the machine.
- Open the ink tank access cover.
- The screen will display two options: "Replace Print head" or "Replace Ink Tank". Select "Replace Print Head".
- The carriage will move forward slightly. Unlock the green ink tank latch.
- While changing the print head, place the ink cartridge upside down so ink outlet is facing up to prevent leakage.
- Squeeze the two gray tabs on either side of the print head. While squeezing, lift and tilt to the right. The print head should lift easily from the machine.
- Unpackage your new print head; remove the protective tape from the bottom.
- Squeeze the two gray tabs on either side of the new print head and slightly angle it while sliding it back into the slots in the carriage unit. Make sure you press the top left and right of the gray tabs to lock the new print head into position.
- Reinstall the ink tank carriage and relock the green latch
- Close the ink tank access cover and replace the scale, if applicable
- The machine will detect the new print head and prompt to run a maintenance feature
- The system prompts to "Print Test Pattern". Select one of the following options:
- Select "Yes, Print Test Pattern". For more information about performing test prints, see How to print a test print pattern on the DM300, DM400 and DM475.
- Or select "No" to skip printing a test pattern and return to the Home screen.
UPDATED: 26 October 2021