For more information about the standard accounting feature, see How to turn on standard accounting on the DM300, DM450 and DM475.
An account must be created before using the departmental accounting feature to track postage.
To create a new account:
- Press the Options key.
- Select "Accounts"
Note: If the supervisor password is enabled, enter it to gain access to all of the accounting functions.
- Select "Create New Account"
Note: If no accounts are present on the system, the system will prompt to have at least one account to use accounting.
- Lift keyboard cover and type in a name for the account. It can be up to 15 alphanumeric characters long.
- Select "Accept".The "New Account Created" screen displays.
- Select "Name" to edit the account name.
- Select "Accept" to return to the New Account Created screen.
- If the supervisor and account passwords are enabled, there will be an option for adding an account password. Select "Add Acct Password" and enter the 4-digit password.
- Select "Accept" to return to the New Account Created screen
- Select "Number" if you would like to change the number assigned to the account. Select a number from the list.
- Select "Done" to return to the Accounts screen.
- Press Home to return to the Home screen.
UPDATED: September 05, 2017