Accounting allows you to track your postage costs by categories. These categories can represent whatever is appropriate for your organisation: departments, people, locations, projects, etc.
The number of accounts available on your system is based on the amount purchased or supplied with your model. Your system stores the following information for each account:
If your franking machine has the standard accounting option, follow the steps below to enable the accounting feature
- A name up to 12 alphanumeric characters long.
- An account number.
- The item total. This is the total number of pieces of mail charged to an account since it was last cleared.
- The value total. This is the total amount of postage charged to an account since it was last cleared.
- An account password.
- Press Options
- Press Page Down
- Select Turn Items On/Off.
- Select Accounting.
- Select Turn Accounting On.
- If prompted, enter the supervisor password.
- Select Standard Accounting.
- Select Select an Account to create one or more accounts, as needed.
Note: You need to create at least one account to be able to run mail with accounting turned on.
If you require additional assistance, contact Technical Support. Please have your franking machine type (PCN) and Serial Number (franking machine number) ready, these can be located on a white sticker at the back of the franking machine.
- After creating accounts, press the Clear/Back key to return to the Home screen.