Products affected: DM100i™, DM150i™, DM200i™ (P720); DM110i™, DM160i™, DM220i™ (PR20)
Follow these steps either to install a replacement print head from Pitney Bowes, or to remove and inspect the print head:
- Remove the the scale from the top of the franking machine.
- Open the top cover.
- Select Replace Ink Tank. The message Moving ink tank to replace position is displayed.
Note: To stop the process, close the top cover.
- Flip the ink cartridge guard open.
- Lift up and remove the ink cartridge.
- While squeezing the two grey tabs on either side of the print head, lift and tilt the print head to the right as you remove it from your machine.
- Pull up and remove the black cap on the new print head (if present).
- Remove the protective tape from the bottom of the new print head.
- Squeeze the two grey tabs on either side of the new print head and angle slightly while sliding it back into its holder.
- Push the print head into place. There is an audible click when it is seated correctly.
- Install the ink cartridge.
- Rotate the guard back to the closed position.
- Close the cover. If the system does not automatically return to the Home screen, press Continue.
UPDATED: 18 June 2021