You are not connecting using our newest device! Upgrade to our latest connection device:
SmartLink™ connects your franking machine to your LAN (Local Area Network) via an ethernet cable or WiFi. It enables you to add postage and perform data uploads with speed and ease, as well as access postage rates and software updates automatically by connecting your franking machine digitally to Pitney Bowes.Follow the instructions below, to learn how to connect to the Pitney Bowes Data Centre using the USB LAN Kit with a Local Area Network (LAN) that has internet access.
Note: Connecting via LAN eliminates the need for an analogue phone line connection and provides a faster transmission speed. Review the Connect your meter to the internet
page for further details.To install the USB LAN Kit adapter:
- Turn the power off using the switch on the back of the machine.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable into the USB LAN adapter and the other end into the wall outlet or router.
- Plug the USB LAN adapter into the USB port.
- Turn the power on using the switch on the back of the machine.
- Once the franking machine powers up, press the Options key.
- Press Page Down twice.
- Select Connect Data Centre.
- Select "LAN Settings".
- Select "Get IP":
- If you are using a dynamic IP address, select Automatically.
- If you are using a static IP address, select Manually. Consult with your IT department for the correct address.
- Press the Home key.
- To verify connectivity, perform a balance enquiry:
- Press the Add Postage key.
- Select Check PBP Balance. If postage totals display, the installation is complete.
Note: The adapter can stay connected.
- When the franking machine prompts to Add Postage, press No to return to the Home screen.
If you are unable to connect to the internet, ask your IT department or internet provider to check the internet settings before you contact Pitney Bowes. If you still need assistance, please use the Contact Us
options below.Related article
UPDATED: February 11, 2021