Replace the ink cartridges once you receive the low ink or out of ink warning.Note:
Use Pitney Bowes ink cartridges to ensure best printer performance. Other ink cartridges may cause: poor print quality, rejected/returned mail and uncovered service expenses.
If alternative cartridges or refills are obtained, the ink used must be approved by your Postal Authority
The ink in the cartridge may be harmful if swallowed. Keep new and used cartridges out of reach of children. Discard empty cartridges immediately. Do not remove the ink cartridge if the print head is not installed. If the ink cartridge and print head are removed at the same time, ink from the print supply line will flow down the tube and squirt from the needle in the ink cartridge holder out into the printer and system interior.
To order a genuine Pitney Bowes replacement ink cartridge visit the Pitney Bowes UK online shop
- You can replace the ink cartridges by selecting Replace ink cartridge when the low ink or out of ink warning appears. You can also replace the ink cartridges at any time by:
- Selecting the Settings button in the Mailing tile on the Home screen.
- Select Hardware, then select Printer.
- Select the Ink cartridges tab.
- Select Replace ink cartridge.
- Open the ink cartridge cover.
Note: If a message about the ink cartridge cover being open is displayed, select Clear message.
- Pull the ink cartridge straight out.
- The system warns you that the ink cartridge is not installed. Select Clear message.
- Remove the new ink cartridge from its packaging.
- Hold the ink cartridge with the label facing upright and push into place.
- Close the ink cartridge cover.
- Select Print test pattern to verify that you have installed the ink cartridge correctly.
- Check the test sample. If the lines are solid and unbroken, the sample is acceptable. Select Image is OK - Done.
UPDATED: March 14, 2019