Replacing the printhead on the Connect+ Series, SendPro P
Try replacing your print head to improve print quality on the Connect+ Series, SendPro P
Products affected: Connect+® 500W, Connect+® 1000, Connect+® 2000, Connect+® 3000, SendPro® P1000, SendPro® P1500, SendPro® P2000, SendPro® P3000
If you have cleaned the printhead and changed the ink cartridge and the print quality of the test sample is still not satisfactory, replace the printhead.
- Select Settings under Mailing on the Home screen.
- Select Hardware.
- Select Printer.
- Select the Print head tab.
- Select Install new....
- Wait for the print carriage to be prepared and moved forward. This process may take a minute.
- Open the printer cover.
- Pull the blue latch all the way forward until it stops.
- Lift the blue printhead handle up to a vertical position and then lift the printhead straight up and out.
- Remove the new printhead from its packaging. Shake the printhead three times.
- Insert the new printhead.
- The printhead contact must be facing toward the front of the mailing system.
- Make sure the blue handle is down.
- During installation, only apply pressure to the center of the printhead.
- Push the blue latch back until it stops.
- Close the printer cover. The system will begin to prepare the printhead. This process may take several minutes.
- Once the printhead preparation is complete, you will be prompted to print a test pattern on an envelope. Place an envelope on the feed deck and select Start.
- Check the test pattern. If the lines are solid and unbroken, the pattern is acceptable. Select Image is OK - Done.
UPDATED: 24 July 2023