Accounting Discrepancy xxxx has been spent without being recorded to the external memory appears on the display when trying to frank mail.
Accounting Discrepancy xxxx has been spent without being recorded to the external memory will appear if mail has been franked without having an account selected at the time.
To continue franking mail, you will need to allocate the outstanding funds to one the accounts on your machine.
- Select Make a Manual Transaction.
- The options you choose to use will vary depending upon your manual transaction needs:
- Account: Select this option to choose an account from the available accounts on your system to run the manual transaction against.
- Class: Select this option to set the postage class.
- Postage: Select this option to set the total actual postage amount for the transaction.
- Chrg Amt: Select this option to set the total postage amount that you will be charging for the transaction. (This is the actual postage amount plus any surcharges you may want to add.) By default, this sets to the same postage as the actual postage amount.
- Piece Ct: Select this option to set the number of pieces of mail you want the manual transaction to indicate were sent.
- Weight: Select this option to set the total weight of all pieces of mail.
- Once you have finished setting up your manual transaction, select Done to save your changes. The system will return to the Home Screen.
UPDATED: September 11, 2020