The franking machine displays Clear Print Transport and will not run mail.
A mail piece, label, or some debris is caught in the printer area.
The print transport is the area that envelopes and labels pass through during printing.To clear the print transport:
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the franking machine.
- Wait one to three minutes.
- Turn the jam release lever on the front of the machine 1/4 turn to the right (clockwise) to the released position (vertical).
Note: On the DM400 and DM475 you will also need to open the front cover and lift the blue jam release lever (there are two levers on the DM475).
- Remove any visible paper fragments from the feed deck. Occasionally a tape strip will get caught in the rollers.
- Using a can of non-flammable canned air, and working from the left side of the machine to the exit, blow onto the feed deck that the envelopes/tape sheets travel on.
Note: Make sure to spend enough time in this step to ensure that dust and debris are removed.
- Lift the feed deck back up into position and turn the transport release lever 1/4 turn anticlockwise to lock it.
- Plug the power cord back in, ensuring that it is plugged directly into a wall outlet.
If this does not resolve the issue,
contact customer support. Use the Contact Us
UPDATED: June 29, 2020