"Unable to connect to Pitney Bowes" message when installing PC Meter Connect on DM Series franking machines
Learn how to resolve the error "Unable to connect to Pitney Bowes" when using PC Meter Connect on the DM50/DM55, DM60, DM100-DM200, DM110i-DM220i, DM300-DM475 franking machines.
Products affected: DM50™ / DM55™ (K721), DM60™ (K722); DM100™, DM150™, DM200™ (P720); DM110i™, DM160i™, DM220i™ (PR20); DM300c™, DM400c™, DM475c™ (G920); DM300M™, DM400M™, DM475M™ (G922),
The “Unable to connect to Pitney Bowes “ message displays when installing PC Meter Connect.
- Your Internet Settings may need to be revised.
- You may have an issue with your network or firewall.
- Press the EXIT button on the error. The installation screen disappears and the installation is complete
- Locate the PC Meter Connect icon in the icon tray at the bottom right of the screen. Right click on the icon and make sure that:
- the meter is detected
- the internet is detected
- If the error persists, try adjusting the Internet Settings.
- Right-click on the PC Meter Connect icon in the system tray (small icons by the clock).
- Left-click Internet Settings.
- For Mailmark franking machines (franking machine models K722, PR20, and G922), the Protocol should be set to HTTP Mode.
- There is no right or wrong combination of these settings; try altering the settings until you find a combination that works for you.
- If your franking machine uses a Proxy, select either Use Internet Explorer proxy settings or Manual proxy settings. Speak with your IT department if you need help with proxy settings.
UPDATED: 14 August 2021