Products affected: DM50™ / DM55™ (K721), DM60™ (K722); DM100™, DM150™, DM200™ (P720); DM110i™, DM160i™, DM220i™ (PR20); DM300c™, DM400c™, DM475c™ (G920); DM300M™, DM400M™, DM475M™ (G922),
The “Unable to connect to Pitney Bowes “ message displays when installing PC Meter Connect.
- Your Internet Settings may need to be revised.
- You may have an issue with your network or firewall.
- Press the EXIT button on the error. The installation screen disappears and the installation is complete
- Locate the PC Meter Connect icon in the icon tray at the bottom right of the screen. Right click on the icon and make sure that:
- the meter is detected
- the internet is detected
- If the error persists, try adjusting the Internet Settings.
- Right-click on the PC Meter Connect icon in the system tray (small icons by the clock).
- Left-click Internet Settings.
- For Mailmark franking machines (franking machine models K722, PR20, and G922), the Protocol should be set to HTTP Mode.
- There is no right or wrong combination of these settings; try altering the settings until you find a combination that works for you.
- If your franking machine uses a Proxy, select either Use Internet Explorer proxy settings or Manual proxy settings. Speak with your IT department if you need help with proxy settings.
UPDATED: 15 June 2021