Your franking machine displays the message "No Dial Tone" when you perform tasks that require you to connect to the Pitney Bowes Data Centre, such as:
- Topping up funds and checking balance
- Downloading rates and updates
Your franking machine lost its connection to the Data Centre.
The “No Dial Tone” message is a generic message for all connection methods, even those connected digitally via a Smartlink device, Communication Device or PC Meter Connect.
Solution 1: Check all physical connections to your franking machine, attached devices or PCs to ensure that nothing is unplugged or has come loose
Check that all wires and cables are securely connected at both ends. ·
If digitally connected, check that your internet (wired or wireless) connection appears to be connected and operational in your location.
- Check if other devices in your location also lost their internet connections. If they have, follow your normal procedures to re-establish your internet connection or contact your internet provider.
- Ensure that you do not have a phone line connected to your franking machine.
If connected via telephone line, check that your phone line is working.
- Use a spare phone handset and plug into your analogue phone line to see if you hear a dial tone. If not, then contact your phone provider.
If your issue has not been resolved, try Solution 2.
Solution 2: Reboot your franking machine
- Remove the power cable from the back of the franking machine.
- Wait 10 seconds,
- Plug the power lead back in.
If rebooting your franking machine does not resolve your issue, try Solution 3.
Solution 3: Troubleshoot your connection method
Identify your connection method from the list and follow the link to the relevant troubleshooting article to learn how to restart your connection method:
- PC Meter Connect
- Communication Device
- Analogue (dial-up phone connection)
If you are unable to connect to the internet, ask your IT department or internet provider to check the internet settings before you contact Pitney Bowes. If you still need assistance, please use the Contact Us
UPDATED: February 25, 2021