The franking machine displays the message "Accounting Period Ended" and will not run mail.
You have reached the end of the specified accounting period, but have not yet cleared the previous year's accounting data.
Before you clear the accounting data, you must perform a data upload. Once the transaction log is cleared, the account information cannot be retrieved.
To perform a data upload:
To clear the transaction log and set the accounting period:
- Press the Options key.
- Press Page Down and select "Data Center Options".
- Select "Data Upload".
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the upload, and then return to the Home screen.
- Print and clear accounting data:
Note: Clear data only at the end of a period or when the transaction log is full. You do not need to clear data after each period, but it is recommended that you print reports or transfer data to PC Transfer.
- Press the Menu key.
- Select "Accounts".
- If the supervisor password is enabled, enter it to gain access to the accounting functions.
- Press Page Down.
- Select "Clear Account Data".
- Select "Print Report".
- Select the appropriate report and follow the prompts to print the report.
- Select "Delete Data" to delete the accounting records.
If you require additional assistance,
- After clearing the transaction log, you must set the next accounting period. For assistance, see How to set the accounting period on the DM300, DM400 and DM475.
contact customer support. Use the Contact Us options below.
UPDATED: February 19, 2021