Envelopes are skewing after the material is inserted and the envelope goes through the turn around for flap closure. The skewing can be seen as a trial piece is done, and as the envelopes are running and they briefly eject in that area.
The higher the page count is in the collation, the more pronounced the issue will become. For example, the equipment may run correctly for collations under 4 pages, but it may damage envelopes for collations greater than 4 pages.
This image is an example of a damaged envelope that exited into the stacker.
The envelopes are dragging along the deck as they proceed to the area where the flap is closed.
To resolve this issue:
- Remove any partially fed material from the feed trays.
- Open the front cover.
- Check for jams in the insertion area.
- Close all jam release knobs and covers.
- Press Cancel to clear the error.
- Press Clear Deck to remove any material that is still in the system.
- Verify that the correct material is loaded for the job.
Note: To check the loading directions, select Loading Directions and Pre-Run Adjustments on the job screen.
If the issue is not resolved or if the issue returns,
contact customer support. Use the Contact Us
UPDATED: September 24, 2020