The scale does not weigh the mailpiece correctly.
There may be a communication issue between the scale and the franking machine.
Communication issues between the scale and the
franking machine may result in your scale not weighing correctly or in
the message "Enter Weight".
Use these solutions to resolve your issue.
Solution 1: Reset the scale
If the scale still does not weigh correctly, try Solution 2.
- Remove any items from the scale.
- Press the Menu / Options key.
- Press Review (down) until the display says Reset the Scale to Zero?
- Press Enter / Yes.
- Test with an item of known weight, for example a £1 coin weighs 9g.
Solution 2: Reboot the franking machine and check the connections.
- Unscrew the thumb screws on the scale cable and disconnect the cable.
- Unplug the power cable from the back of the franking machine.
- Wait one to three minutes.
- While waiting, reconnect the scale cable and tighten the thumb screws.
- Plug the power cable back in, ensuring that it is plugged directly into a wall outlet.
- Once the franking machine restarts, test the scale with an item of known weight.
Use the Contact Us
options below if you need further assistance.
UPDATED: February 26, 2020