Troubleshooting envelopes not sealing on the DI200 or Relay 1000
Learn how to resolve envelopes not sealing on the DI200 or Relay 1000.
Products affected: DI200™, Relay™ 1000
Envelopes are not sealing or are sealing incompletely.
Envelopes are not being sufficiently moistened.
Follow these steps to improve sealing:
- Confirm that the Seal indicator is lit.
- Confirm that there is plenty of solution in the moistener tank. The tank is located beneath the Start and Stop button.
- Pull the moistener tank out and wipe off the wicks. If wicks are worn and dirty, order new wicks.
- If the sealer has new wicks, wait ten minutes to ensure that the sealant has soaked into the wick sufficiently, then try again. Prime the wicks by rubbing a finger across the top of wicks.
- Confirm that the machine is on a level surface. The sealing solution may be favouring one side of the sealer unit.
- Turn the Safe Seal on to ensure that the machine allows enough time to transfer the sealant to the envelope flaps:
- Press Menu/Enter until "Safe Seal is Off. Change?" is displayed.
- Select "Yes".
UPDATED: 25 May 2022