The franking machine displays error code 1803 and will not connect.
The telephone number that the franking machine is dialling needs to be updated.
We recommend that you switch to a faster, more reliable digital connection - visit www.pitneybowes.com/uk/connect
, or see the DM50/DM55 Installation Guide
, for details of all available connectivity options for your franking machine.Alternatively, to continue connecting via analogue phone line, a change is required to the telephone number used by your Pitney Bowes franking machine.
Full instructions can be found at: Please follow all the steps completely:
For further details about connecting via analogue phone line, please visit our UK or RoI Analogue pages.
- Clear the error message by pressing the Clear/Back button, or by restarting the franking machine if required.
- Under Options then "Change Setup?", update both the "Local Access phone number" and "Data Centre phone number", by clearing the stored number with the Clear/Back key and entering:
- UK only - phone number: 08719480102, then press Enter/Yes.
- RoI only - phone number: 0818270348, then press Enter/Yes.
- Restart the franking machine by removing the power cable for 60 seconds, then plugging back in.
- Attempt a connection, for example a balance enquiry.
UPDATED: June 13, 2018