Errors P2B4B, P2B4D and P2B42-46 on the DM50-DM60
Learn how to resolve error codes P2B4B, P2B4D and P2B42-46 on the DM50/DM55 (K721) and DM60 (K722).
Products affected: DM50™ / DM55™ (K721), DM60™ (K722)
The franking machine displays one of the following error codes and may not print:
- P2B42, P2B43, P2B44, P2B45, P2B46
There may be an obstruction in the print area, or the franking machine may have developed a fault.
- Power down the franking machine by removing the power lead from the back.
- Once the screen has gone black, open the cover.
- If the franking machine is a new install, ensure that any packing and shipping tape has been removed from inside the franking machine (The shipping tape is a strip of yellow or blue tape).
- Check for any obstructions in the meter (jammed paper or a label, paperclip, etc).
- There is a square metal plate located on the right hand side with a crease running down the centre. Gently press down on the square metal plate inside the meter several times to ensure that it is not obstructed.
- Leave the cover open and replace the power lead.
- As the franking machine begins to initialise it will make whirring noises and the square metal plate area should move.
- Once the franking machine goes silent, close the cover.
UPDATED: 14 August 2021