"No Ink Tank Detected" message on the DM100i-DM200i and DM110i-DM220i
Learn how to resolve a "No Ink Tank Detected" message on the DM100 / DM150 / DM200 (P720) and DM110i / DM160i / DM220i (PR20)
Products affected: DM100™ / DM150™ / DM200™ (P720), DM110i™ / DM160i™ / DM220i™ (PR20)
The franking machine displays the message No Ink Tank Detected and will not print.
The ink cartridge is missing or is not detected by the franking machine.
- If present, remove the scale from the top of the franking machine.
- Open the top cover.
- If the ink cartridge is missing, install a new one. This should resolve the system message.
To order a genuine Pitney Bowes replacement ink cartridge visit the Pitney Bowes UK Online Shop page.
- If an ink cartridge is present, follow these steps:
- Select Replace Ink Tank to move the ink carriage forward.
- Carefully remove the ink cartridge.
- Examine the seven gold pins underneath where the ink cartridge sat. they resemble gold staples:
- If the gold pins look okay, go to step c.
- If any pins are bent or broken, contact Technical Support. Please have your franking machine# ready.
- Remove the print head.
- Use a dry, lint-free cloth to wipe the bottom of the print head.
- Reinsert the print head and ink cartridge.
- Replace the scale.
- If the scale is attached correctly, after a few seconds the Home screen will display SCALE: 0g.
- If it continues to display MAN WT, check that the scale is attached correctly.
- Reboot your franking machine, making sure to unplug it from the power source for one full minute, then plug it back in.
UPDATED: 24 March 2022