Mailpieces are entering the franking meter and getting stuck, or stopping before exiting.
Jamming issues can be caused by one or more of the following:
- The sealing lever may be in the wrong position.
- The mailpiece may not be in specification for this franking meter.
- A sensor may be dirty or covered.
- A part may be worn or faulty.
Check that your material is within specification - see the material specifications section in the DM300c, DM400c, DM475 Operator Guide
or DM300M, DM400M, DM475M Operator Guide
If you do not wish to seal envelopes, make sure the sealer lever is switched to the off (right) position:
To clear a jammed mailpiece:
- Removing the power lead from the back of the franking meter.
- Lift the feeder cover.
- Open the blue jam release (there are 2 blue jam releases on the DM475).
- Remove any mailpieces in the feeder.
- Turn the jam release knob (see diagram above) clockwise.
- Remove any mailpieces stuck in the printer.
- Check that the seal lever is in the correct position.
- Using a can of non-flammable canned air, and working from the left side of the machine toward the exit, blow onto the feed deck that the envelopes travel on, ensuring that all dust and debris are removed. Order cleaning products from our online shop.
- Close the jam release knob and blue jam release lever(s).
- Close the feeder cover.
- Replace the power lead to restart the franking meter.
UPDATED: September 18, 2018