"No print head detected" on the DM100i-DM200i and DM110i-DM220i
Learn how to resolve the message "no print head detected" on the DM100 / DM150 / DM200 (P720) and DM110i / DM160i / DM220i (PR20).
Products affected: DM100™ / DM150™ / DM200™ (P720), DM110i™ / DM160i™ / DM220i™ (PR20)
The message No print head detected is displayed. The franking machine will not print postage.
The print head is missing from the franking machine or is faulty.
Follow these steps to check the print head:
- Remove ink cartridge and print head from franking machine. For instructions, see article How to replace the print head on the DM100-DM200 and DM110i-DM220i.
- Check for bent pins on the franking machine wall. These are brass pins that resemble staples. They are located underneath the ink cartridge.
- If any of the pins are bent, contact Technical Support.
- If the pins are not bent, place the print head and the ink cartridge back into the franking machine. For instructions, see article How to replace the print head on the DM100-DM200 and DM110i-DM220i.
- Close the latch and the top cover.
UPDATED: 04 April 2022