The franking machine displays error code P201F and may not print.
This error occurs when the franking machine has not connected to the Pitney Bowes Data Centre within the past 90 days.
UK and Ireland postal regulations require that a meter be inspected periodically. This inspection occurs automatically when your franking machine is refilled with postage, when your system connects to the Pitney Bowes Data Centre to perform a balance enquiry, or to perform a data upload.If a connection to the Pitney Bowes Data Centre does not occur within a 90 day period, the franking machine will display a P201F error code. Until a successful connection is made, the franking machine is locked and cannot print postage.The error can be cleared by connecting to the Pitney Bowes Data Centre:
- Press the Funds key.
- Press Review (down) and press Enter/Yes at the Check Balance Available prompt.
- The franking machine will connect to the Pitney Bowes Data Centre and display your available balance.
Note: If the franking machine is unable to connect to the Pitney Bowes Data Centre, see the Connecting Your Product section for assistance troubleshooting connection issues.
- When prompted to add postage, press Enter/Yes if you wish to add funds to the franking machine, otherwise press No.
- The franking machine will check for any available updates:
- If updates are available, select Get update now. Updates will download and install automatically.
- After the updates have been installed, follow the prompts to return to the Home screen.
- If the P201F message is not cleared, restart the franking machine:
- Unplug the power cord.
- Wait one to three minutes.
- Plug the power cord back in, ensuring that it is plugged directly into a wall outlet.
If the message is still present when the franking machine boots up, reattempt a connection by following steps 1-4.
If you need further assistance, please use the Contact Us
UPDATED: July 29, 2020