Products affected: DM50™, DM55™ (K721), DM60™ (K722)
When attempting to connect using the SmartLink™, your franking machine displays the error code EDE2C or EDE29.
Attempt to restart your Smartlink device to clear the error.
- Power off the franking machine by removing the power cable from the back of the franking machine.
- Power off the SmartLink device by removing the power cable from the back of the box.
- Disconnect the Smartlink USB cable from the back of the franking machine.
- Power on the franking machine by plugging the power cable into the back of the franking machine.
- Plug the SmartLink USB cable into the back of your franking machine.
- Power on the SmartLink device. After a few seconds, if the device finds an active connection the bottom Internet light will flash green:
- The Smartlink USB light shows steady green. The internet light flashes green.
- The franking machine displays the message Meter Controlled by PC. The connection has been made to Pitney Bowes.
UPDATED: 14 August 2021