Products affected: DM100i / DM150i / DM200i (P720)
The franking machine fails to communicate with the server and gives an error message, for example:
- "No dial tone"
- "No carrier detected"
- "No Modem Detected"
- "Data Centre Phone Busy"
- "Connection Lost"
- "Connection Failed"
The franking machine cannot connect to the Pitney Bowes Data Centre over an analogue phone line.
Solution 1: Try a different connection methodWe recommend that you switch to a faster, more reliable digital connection.
Solution 2: Check your connections and phone line
- To troubleshoot an existing analogue phone line connection - first check to ensure that the number that the meter is dialling is 08719480102. If not, see Changing the phone number dialled for instructions.
Note: The franking machine should be plugged directly into the wall. Remove any phone line splitters, as they can add noise to the line and you do not want the franking machine sharing a phone line.
- Make sure that the franking machine is connected to an analogue phone line:
- The franking machine can use the same connection as a fax machine or credit card reader, or other dedicated analogue phone line.
- Unplug the phone cord from the back of the fax machine or analogue device.
- Plug the end of the phone cord that was removed from the fax machine or analogue device directly into the franking machine.
- Check what kind of phone line you have:
- The franking machine is designed to work with a true analogue phone line, such as a dedicated fax line.
- An ADSL line may work. If there are problems try adding an ADSL filter. ADSL filters can be purchased at an office supply store or acquired from the phone company.
- Simulated analogue phone lines can be problematic. They will use a device to simulate an analogue line, reboot the device if you are having issues.
- A T1 or VOIP line will not work with the franking machine.
- If you must press a key on your telephone to get an outside line (often 9 or 0), you may need to enter a "dialling prefix" on the franking machine. See Adding or removing the dialling prefix on the DM100i-DM200i for more details.
UPDATED: 26 February 2021