The mailpiece is not being weighed correctly by the scale.
The scale is not weighing correctly.
First zero the scale:
Then follow the below steps to ensure the Attached Scale option is selected on the franking meter:
- Remove any items from the scale.
- Press the Weigh/Rate key.
- Select Zero the Scale.
- Press the Options key.
- Select Setup.
- Press Page Down then select Serial Port.
- Attached Scale should be visible on the display with a tick beside it. If External Accounting is ticked, this is likely the root cause of the issue - press the key to the left of Attached Scale to select this option.
If you are using an external weighing platform (scale) please follow the steps below:
- The franking machine will return to the Home screen.
- Remove the power lead from the rear of the machine, wait 60 seconds, then power the meter back up.
- Test by weighing an item of known weight:
- a £1 coin weighs 9g
- a €1 coin weighs 8g
- If the above is weighing correctly the issue is now resolved.
- If you have an external weighing platform that sits beside the franking machine, make sure the platform is level.
- Take the top cover off the weighing platform.
- Locate the round glass level.
If the scale is still not weighing correctly:
- The dot should be located inside of the black circle. If the dot is not inside the black circle adjust the feet on the weighing platform until the dot rests inside of the circle.
Test the scale by weighing an item of known weight. If the issue is still not resolved, please
- Remove the scale from the top of the franking machine, or if you have an external weighing platform unplug the cable from the back of the franking machine.
- Unplug the power cord, wait 60 seconds.
- While waiting, replace the scale on the top of the franking machine, or plug the external weighing platform back into the franking machine.
- Plug the power cord back in, ensuring that it is plugged directly into a wall outlet.
contact customer support. Use the Contact Us
UPDATED: February 27, 2020